Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rc18/Mini T/M18T Tyre options.....

Good Afternoon All,

would like to get some info from you guys about tyre options for above vehicles.

the reason I ask, luckily I managed to get one race in before lockdown 2.0, although my M18T Pro felt great I struggled with tyres mainly the balance between front and rear traction.

so I tried kit tyres, and had way too much traction on the front and nothing on the rear (180Spins)
    I tried again with muiltple combinations of other tyres with either too much traction at the front and not enough rear.

I wanted to try kit size tyres before trying either TC wheel/tyres/foams

I have a set of unglued street meats x4 and step pins still to try, although I feel the inserts are too soft.

so what did you guys run in Mini-Ts RC18T etc?

Originally posted by TezDog View Post
    Good Afternoon All,

would like to get some info from you guys about tyre options for above vehicles.

the reason I ask, luckily I managed to get one race in before lockdown 2.0, although my M18T Pro felt great I struggled with tyres mainly the balance between front and rear traction.

so I tried kit tyres, and had way too much traction on the front and nothing on the rear (180Spins)
    I tried again with muiltple combinations of other tyres with either too much traction at the front and not enough rear.

I wanted to try kit size tyres before trying either TC wheel/tyres/foams

I have a set of unglued street meats x4 and step pins still to try, although I feel the inserts are too soft.

so what did you guys run in Mini-Ts RC18T etc?

Hey T,

One thing to note in terms of tuning rubber tyres is the use of CA glue on the front outer sidewall to reduce front bite. If you are using rubber pin/kit style tyres and are struggling to get a balance (too much front end) then put a line of CA on the outer sidewall and see the difference. I'll put a crappy pic below to help illustrate my point:

Click image for larger version

Name:	96250267_954990498290953_1260440753822236672_o.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	547

I would start with just the sidewall, and then if you really need to you can progress up the tyre - anyone at your local club should be able to explain the point I'm trying to make!

Hope that helps a little,

Cris

Forums are better than Facebook groups

Comment

Hi Cris,

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to this.

I’m familiar to glueing tyres, being from a 1/8 Astro background I know all about modifying tyres and the mess and pain it causes haha!

TBH I was kind of trying to find a set of tyres that had too much all round (grip rolling) before I attempting to modify, basically from what I read street meats are the way to go, I do have 2 sets but wanted to get as much info before I fit and find out I should of used harder foams for example.

also if there’s a tyre choice trick I was missing.

there’s always the fall back of TC wheels and tyres (much bigger rolling circumstance) but seen as the arms seem to be a weak point didn’t want to open my self up for more hurt

Thanks again,

Terry.

Comment

About UKMicroRC

UKMicroRC is the UK's first and ONLY dedicated micro RC forum.

Although we welcome all micro RC owners, our hearts lie in the indoor micro RC racing scene - UKMicroRC was the birthplace of the UK Micro Challenge, UKMicroX and UKMicroX International events as well as the BRCA Micro National Section!

After a well deserved sabbatical to recharge our batteries the forum is back!

Working...
      X